How to Be a Frugal Mom and Save Money
There is one thing that all moms are always on the lookout for, and that is how to save a few dollars. Here are a few tips and suggestions that will definitely help your budget. The first suggestion is how you can save money on fabric softener. What you can do is actually cut the fabric softener sheets into 3 and get triple the value. Do not tear them because it will not work. Next when buying your cleaning products think bulk. It is well worth the investment to sign up for, Costco, Sams club, or BJ’s just to name a few. They usually charge a yearly fee, but you get your money’s worth in just one month.
Once you have your membership start by buying your cleaner’s by the gallon like Lysol to name just one. This is usually concentrated so make sure that you dilute it with water and then add to your own spray bottle. You can get a new spray bottle from a dollar store.
There are also a few ways that you can save money when it comes to your car as well. First check you tire air pressure at least once a month. This will help you save on gas. Second make sure that you get regular tuneups when you are scheduled. When it comes to saving money at the supermarket try not buying the brand name products instead why not buy the store brands. If you take the time to read the active ingredients you will see that they are exactly the same, you are just paying more for the name.
For example tylenol, and asprin to name just a few. Another suggestion is how to save money on spices. What you can do is buy fresh herbs from your local produce store (which is usually a lot cheaper than the supermarket) and hang them to dry in your kitchen. It’s ok if they are a little wilted when you buy them since you are going to dry them out anyway. Once they are dry crumble them up and put them in your spice jars. You will actually be saving about $4 per jar. You might also think about growing your own fruits and vegetables as well.
When it comes to shopping online there are several things that you can do to get the best prices. Try looking at money saving websites such as www. froogleapp.com. Froogle isn’t exactly perfect but it is very helpful when it comes to finding more than one site that offers the product that you are looking for. Once you find the cheapest site copy the site sname and put it into your google search and add the words discount coupon code or something similar to that. By doing this you will be able to find the store with the cheapest price for your item. Also make sure that you take a look at the shipping charges before you buy. Some companies overcharge for shipping to make up for the low cost of the product. Here are a few more tips that you can use when grocery shopping:
- Buy bulk and stock up.- Items such as flour, sugar, pasta, dry beans, rice, oatmeal, and canned produce should be purchased in large quantities especially when they are on sale.
- Plan your menu in advance-Start by making a list of the meals you plan to prepare, at least two weeks worth. When deciding make sure you take a look to see what is on sale for the week.
- Use your coupons- If an item is on sale and you have a coupon then you will definitely save. Don’t use a coupon for something that you are not sure that you will use.
- Buy store brands- They usually have the same ingredients as the name brands.
- Don’t be afraid to freeze things-When you are baking or cooking something make a double batch and freeze the extra. It will not only save you money but time as well.
- Only take money that you plan to spend- If you use a debit or credit card withdraw your money from the ATM in the exact amount the you plan to spend. This will keep you from overspending.
- Don’t waste leftovers – You can make a whole new meal by using some of your leftovers.
These are just a few suggestions that you can use to help keep you budget manageable. One you get yourself into the habit it will become easier to manage.